Van Visit Requirements
What does the FARM Science Van provide?
- Next Generation Science Standards aligned lessons for grades Kindergarten through fifth grade, developed by a certified teacher, that illustrates the value of agriculture in our daily lives.
- Students work in pairs to complete a hands-on science experience integrating Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- Agriculture-related extension materials for each classroom teacher.
- Up to five 30 or 50-minute classes per day.
What does the school need to provide?
- A central location for programming or opportunity to travel room-to-room.
- Access to WIFI for program educator.
- A classroom teacher or content specialist must be present during all FARM Science lessons.
- One adult volunteer to help all day, each day of the classroom visits.
- Schools are encouraged to seek community sponsorship for the program visit.