Lab Educator Recruitment
The FARM Science Lab is recruiting educators to teach in the FARM Science Lab for the 2019-2020 school year. The FARM Science Lab is a mobile education program that teaches K-5 students about agriculture through interactive lessons and hands-on activities linked to the Next Generation Science Standards.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 or more years of teaching experience, or equivalent service.
- Have a basic understanding of Michigan agriculture and farming, or the willingness to learn.
- Can perform a scripted agriculture lesson that is engaging and entertaining. One must also be comfortable with modifying the lesson to meet the classroom needs.
- Communicate with school officials and community volunteers about the FARM Science Lab program.
- Work with volunteers to assist in providing the hands-on experience.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle to travel to schools.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Educators will receive a competitive stipend and mileage reimbursement for each school day of programming. Overnight travel may be required, but will be avoided if possible; additional compensation and lodging will be provided.
If interested , email a resume and cover letter or for more information please email Michelle Blodgett.