We are recruiting educators to teach the FARM Science programs. The FARM Science programs are mobile education programs that teach K-5 students about agriculture through interactive lessons and hands-on activities linked to the Next Generation Science Standards.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 or more years of teaching experience, or equivalent service.
- Have a basic understanding of Michigan agriculture and farming, or the willingness to learn.
- Can perform a scripted agriculture lesson that is engaging and entertaining. One must also be comfortable with modifying the lesson to meet the classroom needs.
- Communicate with school officials and community volunteers about the FARM Science program.
- Work with volunteers to assist in providing the hands-on experience.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle to travel to schools.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Educators will receive a competitive stipend and mileage reimbursement for each school day of programming. Overnight travel may be required, but will be avoided if possible; additional compensation and lodging will be provided.
If interested , please email a resume or email Michelle Blodgett for more information.