Lab Visit Requirements
What does the FARM Science Lab provide?
- Next Generation Science Standards aligned lessons for grades K-5, developed by a certified teacher which exemplify the value of agriculture in our daily lives.
- Hands-on science experience integrating Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- Agriculture-related extension materials for each classroom
- Climate-controlled, handicap accessible mobile lab
- Up to five 50-minute classes per day
- 10 work stations (3 students per station)
What do schools need to provide?
- Electrical hookup within 75 feet of trailer placement or a generator will be provided by the FARM Science Lab for an additional fee
- Secure, level, paved parking space (10 feet by 50 feet)
- Teachers and administrators are required to review online orientation materials prior to our visit.
- A classroom teacher or content specialist must be present during all FARM Science Lab lessons.
- One adult volunteer to help all day, each day of the lab's visit
- Schools are encouraged to seek community sponsorship of the lab's visit. These local groups may help fund your FARM Science Lab visit:
- County Farm Bureaus or other agricultural businesses
- Local Farm Bureau Insurance agency
- Community organizations or foundations with grants
- PTA or PTO