grants / awards
Conference Scholarships - closed
- To recognize educators’ efforts to incorporate agriculture and natural resources into their school curriculum and fund them to attend the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference at the Sheraton Kansas City Crown Center, Kansas City, Missouri, June 20-23, 2017.
- To strengthen relationships between educators and the county Farm Bureau.
- To promote the Michigan Foundation for Agriculture and Agriculture in the Classroom programming.
- More information regarding the National AITC Conference can be found here.
Teachers must be employed by a school system currently teaching in grades Pre K-12 in Michigan and expect to be employed for the 2016 -2017 school year.
Each applicant will be scored according to the following criteria:
- The applicant describes in detail the importance of embedding agricultural literacy in his/her classroom curriculum. (30 pts)
- The applicant communicates valid and unique reasons as to why he/she wants to attend the conference. (30 pts)
- The applicant explains how the experiences gained will be used after the conference. (40 pts)
Applicants will be awarded on a total point ranking system.
Four grants of up to $1,500 in reimbursable expenses will be awarded. Registration, hotel and travel expenses will qualify for reimbursement and must be paid in advance by the recipient. Grant can be disbursed in up to two expense reports that may be issued before and/or after the conference.
**See grant application for full details and application requirements.
- Value: $1,500
- # Awarded: 4
- Deadline: March 3
- Questions? Contact Amelia Miller, (517) 679-5688